Please read the following and make sure you are happy to agree to our terms and conditions.
By using www.globalnomadic.com, you agree that you have read, understand and accepted our Terms and Conditions detailed on this page. Global Nomadic Ltd. may from time to time amend the Terms and Conditions and any amendments will be posted to this page.
Global Nomadic Ltd. provides listing space to organisations, institutions, companies, eco-lodges and charities that would like to advertise their volunteering and internship opportunities. Global Nomadic Ltd. does not endorse or validate any listings on www.globalnomadic.com.
Global Nomadic Ltd. makes every effort to only include accurate volunteer placement details, however Global Nomadic Ltd. is not responsible for the content of these listings as they are modified by the projects themselves. The information published on www.globalnomadic.com may contain inaccuracies, typographical errors and/or outdated information. However, we do our utmost to make sure our descriptions are as accurate as possible.
Although every effort is made to provide accurate information on this site, all information is published "as is" without warranty of any kind. The user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy of the information contained on www.globalnomadic.com. In no event shall Global Nomadic Ltd. be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from the use of this site, even if Global Nomadic Ltd. has been advised of the potential of such damages.
Global Nomadic Ltd. is not responsible for risk related to travelling to and living in any country. International travel does carry risk. Therefore, travellers should take into account current affairs, safety issues and personal health before considering travelling and ensure they have suitable travel insurance.
It is the responsibility of the volunteer/intern participants to contact the project directly and to do significant research before committing to a placement. This ensures you can be certain of having the most accurate and up-to-date information possible.
Global Nomadic Booking Conditions
1. Except where otherwise specified, we Global Nomadic Ltd of Brook Point 1412, High Road, London, N20 9BH trading as Global Nomadic act only as an agent in respect of all bookings we take and/or make on your behalf. We accept no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any services, projects, or arrangements you purchase (“arrangements”) or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any arrangements. For all arrangements, your contract will be with the supplier of the arrangements.
2. The terms and conditions of the supplier(s) of your confirmed arrangements will apply to your project placement. These terms and conditions may limit and/or exclude the supplier's liability to you. Copies of these conditions are available on request from us.
3. In order for us to assist with your booking we may require you to pay us a Project Placement Fee. Where applicable the Project Placement Fee is in addition to the cost of any arrangements.The applicable Project Placement Fee, if any, will be stated on the respective project webpage. The Project Placement Fee will be payable at the time you request us to make a booking on your behalf with the supplier concerned. A contract between you and us for the Project Placement Fee will come into effect when you request to book any arrangements. The Project Placement Fee is payable to us irrespective of whether any arrangements are actually confirmed by the supplier concerned.
4. If you need to cancel or amend a confirmed project placement, cancellation/amendment charges will generally be payable. The amount of such charges varies according to the time your notice of cancellation is received by the supplier concerned before departure. Please check the supplier’s terms and conditions. In addition in the event of cancellation whether by your or the supplier in question you will remain liable to pay our Project Placement Fee.
5. Except where otherwise advised or stated in the booking conditions of the supplier concerned, all monies you pay to us for the arrangements will be held on behalf of the supplier(s) concerned. For some arrangements you will be required to pay the supplier directly. We charge 5% transaction fee per payment of any project fee to cover our transaction costs.
6. You are strongly recommended to take out personal travel insurance for all members of your party. Some suppliers require that you do so. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance you purchase is adequate and appropriate for your particular needs. Please read your policy details on receipt and take them with you on holiday.
7. Unless you tell us otherwise, we are entitled to assume that all members of your party are British citizens who hold or will hold full British passports valid for the entire duration of the arrangements you chose to purchase. Information on visa, passport and health requirements, where given and applicable, is so given on this basis. Requirements may change and you are therefore strongly recommended to check the up to date position with the supplier of the arrangements, Passport Office, appropriate embassy or consulate or your doctor as applicable in good time before departure.
8. If you have any complaints concerning any services we provide, you must inform us straight away in writing and in any event within 28 days of the end of any arrangements booked through us. We regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not so notified. Our maximum liability to you if we are found to have been at fault in relation to any service we provide (as opposed to any service provided by any third party such as the project provider for whom we are not responsible) is limited to the Project Placement Fee and any commission we have earned or are due to earn in relation to the booking in question. We do not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury which arises as a result of our negligence or that our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
Adequate and valid travel insurance is a requirement by most project providers.
You are strongly advised to insure yourself against any possible risk that may occur and in particular to ensure that you have sufficient insurance in respect of expenses, injury, death, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment and dependent relatives. You may be required to carry proof of insurance with you and produce it if reasonably requested by the project provider. If required you should ensure that you are covered for the complete duration of your project and that there are no exclusion clauses which limit cover for the type of activities you will be doing, or the altitudes attained, in your arrangements.
User names and Passwords
If you become a member of our website you will your own username and password to gain further access to the site. The username and password provide access to the password protected areas of this site - personal control panel, access to application forms.
The user name and password may only be used by the individual who submitted the application and may not be distributed or shared in anyway. Usernames and passwords may be revoked at any time at the sole discretion of Global Nomadic Ltd. Global Nomadic Ltd.'s decision will be final.
If you forget or lose their username or password then they can email Global Nomadic Ltd. to retrieve their username and password or ask Global Nomadic Ltd. to issue a new account. This request will be fulfilled at the sole discretion of Global Nomadic Ltd.
Links are provided to other sites from the Global Nomadic Ltd. web site. This is to provide users with additional information and services that we believe may be relevant to your needs. Global Nomadic Ltd. is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, or any links contained in a linked site. The inclusion of the links does not signify any endorsement by Global Nomadic Ltd.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website and the Services) are protected by copyright, trade marks, patents and other intellectual property rights and laws. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder.
Global Nomadic own the copyrights for this website and its contents and coding. Items that Global Nomadic Limited does not own are used with the permission of their owners. Any infringements of the copyrights , trade marks, patents and other intellectual property rights and laws will be Prosecuted.
Global Nomadic Ltd. does not disclose your information to third parties unconnected with the arrangements. Cookies are used on our site, but these are only used to keep track of your chosen projects once you have selected an project. Any information given at the time of ordering is collected by us for the sole intention of completing your booking. We may collect information to enable us to inform you from time to time, by email or post, of new projects and services available from Global Nomadic Ltd.. All information is collected lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act of 1998. This guarantee is in addition to any warranties or conditions implied by law and nothing in these terms affects your statutory rights.
Credit Card Security
We treat your credit and debit card security as our priority. We want you to have a great safe and secure booking experience with Global Nomadic. Our payment section uses 128-bit encryption, which is the highest security level. Your personal details are entered directly onto our payment processing companies' 128-bit encrypted pages. Your credit and debit card details are not held on our system at all.
In the interests of preventing fraudulent use of credit, debit and charge cards, Global Nomadic will validate the names, addresses, and other information supplied during the order process against commercially available records (e.g Electoral Roll data, Credit Reference Services). A third party may also be instructed to complete these checks. By ordering from the Global Nomadic or Active in Asia website you consent to such checks being made. Any information given may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of the information. All information provided will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Police/Criminal Record Check
When signing up to any project involving work with children, or vulnerable adults, you may be required by the project provider to undergo an enhanced Police/Criminal Record Check to ensure your suitability for the placement and will be asked to complete a CRB disclosure application form (full details of this process and the application form will be provided to you). This may delay, or postpone, your programme until the Police/Criminal Records check has been completed.
Code of Conduct
The project providers may require you to adhere to a code of conduct that sets out the standards of behaviour that is expected of you. Typically this will include the following which will be designed to help you achieve the most out of your placement in a safe manner. It will ensure that the organisations and people you work with are treated with respect and that consideration is given to other cultural aspects during your placement. The project provider may reserve the right to cancel your placement where a breach of their code of conduct occurs without refund or compensation, you should therefore make yourself aware of the applicable code. The example code of conduct is as follows:
- Listen to, and follow the advice or requests of your In-Country Coordinator;
- Understand that you are a representative of not only the company but also your country of origin and act accordingly;
- Agree to a zero tolerance policy towards the possession and use of illegal substances. If you are found in possession of, or are under the influence of such substances, you will have your placement contract terminated immediately;
- Respect, and seek to understand, the culture of the country you are placed in. This involves being tolerant of the customs and behaviours of the local people (your coordinator can explain the cultural norms and advise you.);
- Follow your project rules; respect your family and local community regarding consumption of alcohol;
- Be aware of potentially different attitudes towards sexual relationships in the country which you are volunteering and understand the effect that any such relationship may have on individuals and the local community;
- Treat all people with respect and dignity;
- Dress appropriately at all times with regard to the culture you are living in;
- Not engage in political demonstrations or illegal activities;
- Understand that the project and accommodation booked and provided is non-changeable in country without the prior approval of both the In-Country Coordinator and the company's UK office;
- Keep your In-Country Coordinator informed of your plans about trips and weekends;
- Consult your In-Country Coordinator outside normal working hours only for an emergency;
At the project
- Endeavour to maintain a positive mental attitude throughout your placement;
- Act as a conscientious member of the project team. You are relied on as a dedicated member of the team;
- Abide by all the rules of the project at which you are volunteering and respect other members of staff and your peers;
- Not accept payment of any kind for the volunteering work that you are doing;
- Work hard to achieve not only your own personal goals but also those of the project and the people and / or organisation that you are helping;
- Listen to, and follow, the instructions of your supervisor / contact at the project in addition to those of your In-Country Coordinator;
- Inform your supervisor / contact at the project if you are at any time unable to fulfil the duties to which you have committed;
- Treat with care all of the materials that you use during your placement;
- Respect local custom and abide by the rules of the accommodation in which you are staying;
- Check with either the homestay family or owner of accommodation before inviting anybody to your room;
- Be aware that overnight visitors are not allowed;
- Respect the accommodation you are using and pay for any damage you may cause to the property;
- Keep your room clean and tidy;
- Not smoke in your accommodation unless the owner allows;
- Stay at the accommodation allocated to you;
- Settle any outstanding bills before leaving the accommodation (where applicable);
- Pay your food/accommodation as soon as you arrive in country (where applicable);
- Be aware that there will be no refunds for food/accommodation if you decide to go on trips or leave early.
Registered name: Global Nomadic Limited
Place of registration: United Kingdom
Registered office address: Brook Point, 1412 High Road, London N20 9BH
Trading office address: 4th Floor, 86-90 Paul Street London EC2A 4NE
Registration number: 06803175
Telephone: +44 (0) 207 193 2652
Email: info @ globalnomadic.com
Copyright © 2009-14 Global Nomadic Ltd. - All rights reserved.
in conjunction with; © Copyright MB Solicitors Limited trading as mb LAW of Studio 3, The Quays, Concordia Street, Leeds LS1 4ES tel 0113 2424444 www.mb-law.co.uk Ref: CGI